Winter Conference in Orlando, January 27-31, 2014
Join with church leaders from networks and denominations across the country and overseas—for 2-5 days of inspiration, networking, encouragement, and training at the GCA conference being held this year at the beautiful Canterbury Retreat Center.
Canterbury is located on 48 acres surrounding serene Lake Gem in the greater Orlando area (Oviedo)—only 25 minutes from the nearby Orlando airports (shuttles available) and 45 minutes from world famous beaches and amusement parks.
This conference is a combination of workshops and seminars designed to equip church planters, pastors, missionaries, and lay leaders to start, grow, and multiply gospel-centered churches. Come and learn why Christian leaders from more than 50 countries, representing over 300 denominations, have taken this training.
2014 WORKSHOPS & SEMINARS
Again, we’ve prepared an excellent line-up trainers for you—all veteran church planters, pastors, coaches and church planting leaders, representing hundreds of years of collective, in-the-trenches church planting experience. For a quick video peek at the trainers in action at last year’s conference, Click Here.
Two-Day Workshops (Mon Aft - Tues Noon)
- Missional Discipleship Workshop
Learn to develop missional discipleship pathways that lead people from being unbelievers to mature leaders in your church.
- Gospel-Centered Coaching Workshop
Learn to coach church planters and other leaders (this is for planters also) in the context of a gospel-centered relationship.
Four-Day Seminars (Tues Aft - Fri Noon)
- Foundations for Planting & Development Seminar
Learn to establish and strengthen the crucial foundations for church planting and development.
NOTE: The GCA Essentials for Church Growth & Renewal Seminar is scheduled for July 21-25, 2014, in Orlando.
- Gospel-Centered Leadership Seminar
Learn a gospel-centered framework to strengthen your leadership effectiveness and equip others to join with you on mission.
- Church Planter/Pastor Spouse Seminar (Optional)
Learn, as a planter/pastor spouse, your significant role in ministry. Experience a safe place for sharing real needs.
EXPERIENCE A NEW KIND OF TRAINING CONFERENCE
Experience a new kind of training conference that is intentionally limited in size (to the first 150 people who register) so that the focus is not on just hearing trainers make presentations, but also on providing you with multiple opportunities for transformational learning in community, such as:
Limited On-Site Meals & Lodging (Lodging Now Full)
Build Relationships, Network, and Learn in Community
- Over delicious meals (breakfast, lunch, & dinner) made from scratch and served at the retreat dining hall (see Pricing section for meal prices).
- There are 10 very reasonably priced hotels within 2-5 miles (see Logistics section for more information).
VERY IMPORTANT: Even though you're staying off-site, you're still strongly encouraged to have all or most of your meals at the retreat center. Sharing meal times with trainers, coaches, mentors and other leaders is a VITAL part of this community learning experience--and well worth the extra cost.
Group Meetings with Trainers & One-on-One Coaching*
Meet with Seasoned Trainers and Coaches for Personal Applications
- Meet with trainers in small groups over meals, and Wednesday & Thursday after 3:00pm
- Meet One-on-One with certified coaches/mentors over meals, and Wednesday & Thursday after 3:00pm
*Limited availability on a first-come, first-served basis with a sign-up sheet at registration table (no extra charge).
Special Opportunities for Learning, Replenishment, & Fun
Enjoy Special Opportunities on Wednesday & Thursday After 3:00PM
- Enjoy the refreshing 1-mile hiking trail (a “Fit-Trail”) around scenic Lake Gem
- Spend time canoeing or kayaking by yourself or with others on beautiful Lake Gem (no charge)
- Debrief, apply what you’re learning, and pray with your leaders in private meeting rooms at Canterbury
- Experience teambuilding by taking a ropes course led by a professional ropes team (TiesThatBind) after 3:00pm Wed-Fri (extra charge)
- Start and end your day with a brief Morning and Evening Prayer Service (15 minutes) in a small prayer chapel using an historic prayer liturgy
- Hang out, relax, and enjoy 24/7 refreshments in the cozy retreat center “living room” and on the patios overlooking Lake Gem